Planning for Research Success
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
9:45 – 2:30
Faculty of Information and Media Studies and Nursing Building (FNB), Room 4070
Researchers from the Faculties of Information & Media Studies, Law and Music are invited to attend a Spring Research Workshop on ‘Planning for Research Success.’ The day is organized into two sessions (you can attend one or both): the morning is focused on getting your research out to interested audiences, and the afternoon is focused on research partnerships and planning. A detailed schedule is below. Lunch will be provided.
Space is limited. Please register by contacting Karen Kueneman at email@example.com by May 15 . Please let Karen know if you are registering for the full day, or morning or afternoon sessions so that we can plan for coffee and lunch.
If you have specific questions or concerns that you would like to discuss please let us know when you register and we will make time for these.
Agenda for the day
9:45-10:00 – Coffee and Introductions
Morning Session: How to get your research out to those who care about it / will benefit from it
10:00 – 12:00 – Erin Huner, Research Consultant, Research Western will facilitate interactive sessions on
- Knowledge Exchange (Knowledge Mobilization, Knowledge Transfer)
- The considerable variety of research and research activities across the 3 faculties – discussion about how and what we value in our research and how to translate that to appropriate audiences.
12:00 – 12:30 – lunch
Afternoon Session: Research success – planning/ scaffolding / preparing / leveraging
12:30 – 2:00 –Three information sharing/discussion sessions
- Alternative Funding / Non-Tri-Council Funding – facilitated by Cathy Benedict, Director of Research, Don Wright Faculty of Music
- Government Funding (including Tri-Council Funding) – facilitated by Jacquie Burkell, Assistant Dean Research, FIMS
- Networks and Partnerships – facilitated by Valerie Oosterveld, Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Law
2:00 – 2:30 – Wrap up of discussion sessions
Resource Map – what resources are available to assist you with research success