The SSHRC Internal Research and Travel Grants funding opportunity at Western University is supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) through its Institutional Grants program and administered by Research Western.
Faculty Research Office: 5 days before the agency deadline (1-2 weeks before if you wish to have feedback on your application – send to Karen Kueneman)
Research Development & Services: January 11, 2018, 4:00 pm
Amount: up to $7000
SSHRC Internal Research Grants – Description:
- support social sciences and humanities researchers with modest research funding requirements at any stage of career;
- allow for small-scale innovation and experimentation by providing funding to develop a research project or conduct pilot work; and
- enable researchers to hire students at any level to participate in their research projects thereby contributing to their professional development.
SSHRC Internal Travel Grants – Description:
- support the organization of small-scale knowledge mobilization activities, such as workshops and seminars, in order to encourage collaboration and the dissemination of research results both within and beyond the academic community; and
- allow researchers to attend or present their research at scholarly conferences and other dissemination venues that align with SSHRC’s mandate to advance their careers and encourage the exchange of ideas and research results at the national and international level.
Eligibility: A Principal Investigator (PI) must be eligible to hold a research account at Western.
NOTE: Eligible researchers may apply for both grants; however only one grant can be awarded per researcher (i.e. a researcher cannot be awarded both an Internal Research Grant and an Internal Travel Grant). Researchers can only submit one application for each type of grant (i.e., maximum of one Travel Grant application and maximum of one Research Grant Application).