The Royal Society of Canada’s College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists is Canada’s first national system of multidisciplinary recognition for the emerging generation of Canadian intellectual leadership. It gathers scholars, artists, and scientists who have demonstrated a high level of achievement in an early and highly productive stage of their careers into a collegium where new understandings emerge from the interaction of their diverse intellectual, cultural, and social perspectives. The membership of the College is made to be representative of the current state of academia in terms of research methods and domains, age, gender, and ethno-cultural diversity. Membership terms are seven years.
Nomination Process: Nominators must be Members of the College or Fellows of the RSC. In addition, Western may nominate up to 3 Institutional Member candidates.
Eligibility: Nominees must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents within 15 years of the conferral of their PhD or equivalent.
A full nomination package will consist of:
- The complete nomination form
- A cover letter from the primary nominator (max. one page)
- A 70 word citation
- A 1000 word appraisal of the nominee’s work and suitability for the award
- A 500-word Statement from the Candidate reflecting on how her or his work would contribute to the College during the seven-year term
- Current CV
- A letter of reference (each including a biography statement for the referee)
- February 1, 2018 – internal deadline for Institutional nominations
- March 8, 2018 – final deadline for nominations
- August, 2018 – elected members are notified
Contact: Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.
More information can be found at: http://www.uwo.ca/research/excellence/awards/royal_society_of_canada_college.html