France Canada Research Fund (FCRF) – New Scientific Collaboration Support Program 2017
FCRF deadline for application submission: Thursday, November 10th, 2016. Visit the France in Canada/French Embassy website for the guidelines and application form.
Western RD&S internal deadline: Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 at 5PM ET for both the ROLA proposal submission and (draft) applications. Send the application form & CVs as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is a signature required? Yes, institutional signatures are required for both the Canadian team and French teams. RD&S can provide Western’s authorized signature once we’ve received the application (see above) and the corresponding ROLA proposal has passed the Associate Dean Research in the e-approval queue.
Once RD&S has provided the signature, where do I send the final version of my application by the November 10th deadline? All applications must be emailed to the French Embassy at email@example.com to the attention of Mrs. Armelle Chataigner-Guidez. Please cc firstname.lastname@example.org on the final version. Specific file name requirements are outlined in the guidelines.
- Provides funding for new scientific projects jointly developed by French and Canadian teams that have never worked together before. Submitted proposals must be joint projects between a French establishment (all universities, Grandes Écoles, and research organizations are eligible) and one of the FCRF’s 20 Canadian member universities (Western being one).
- Funding is available for up to 2 years, in amounts ranging from $8,000 to $15,000, according to the needs expressed the principal investigators.
- Funding is primarily intended to support the mobility of researchers and their students.
- Proposals are welcome from a range of disciplines (see application form).
- Of the proposals submitted by Western faculty, the Embassy requires Western to short-list a maximum of 5 for review by the program’s Executive Committee. A Western panel will be composed for this purpose.
- Competition results are expected in May, 2017.
- In the Appendix to the program guidelines, there is information about additional funding opportunities for Master’s and doctoral students that may complement the New Scientific Collaboration Support Program.