The Canada Council for the Arts (CCA) is Canada’s public arts funder, with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and the production of works in, the arts.
Canada Council grants are organized into six programs with various deadlines.
- Explore and Create funds Canadian artists, artistic groups and organizations committed to the creation and dissemination of innovative, vibrant and diverse art.
- Engage and Sustain fosters a vibrant foundation for the arts in Canada by supporting arts organizations at the heart of Canada’s creative communities.
- Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Metis Peoples: This program supports Indigenous individuals, groups, Indigenous-led arts organizations and arts/cultural sector development organizations that foster a vital and resilient Indigenous arts ecosystem.
- Supporting Artistic Practice encourages a dynamic support system for the arts in Canada by funding Canadian arts professionals, groups, and arts organizations who champion the Canadian arts sector, boost the capacity for artists to realize work and advance the conditions of creation.
- Arts Across Canada fosters meaningful relationships and exchanges between artists and the Canadian public. Artists, arts professionals, groups and arts organizations can apply to present and share artistic work with diverse communities across the country, engage more deeply with the public and develop a stronger national profile.
- Arts Abroad celebrates the creativity, innovation and excellence of Canadian artists by helping to bring Canadian works to the world.
NOTE: In general, you will be unable to apply in your capacity at Western University. You will apply as an individual. Check with CCA’s Program Officer for the program you’re interested in prior to completing your application to ensure you are eligible. Canada Council grants are considered taxable income – more about income taxes and grants from CCA.
photo credit: Tanja-Milfoil Looking close… on Friday – Music (explore) via photopin (license)