The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship is now accepting applications from prospective fellows interested in undertaking a 12-month policy project with a host government department or agency. Applicants can apply to up to six approved projects in their area(s) of interest.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Faculty members at Canadian universities or PhD graduates
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Able to negotiate a leave of absence from their university or employer, as applicable
The 2017 cohort of fellowships will begin in September 2017. Approved fellows receive remuneration from their hosts and professional development training and networking events facilitated by Mitacs.
Applications will be accepted until March 14, 2017, at 5 p.m. PDT.
Note: Faculty in the inaugural cohort (last year) found that the timing of setting a leave up with the faculty to do this project was challenging, so you are encouraged to start early.
Mitacs is hosting a webinar on Tuesday (Feb 14th) at 1pm EST/10am PST for prospective Canadian Science Policy applicants and fellows . The webinar will cover:
- The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship program and its purpose
- Navigating the fellowship application process, whether you’re a PhD graduate or a faculty member
- Stories and tips from the 2016 cohort
- Your questions for Mitacs staff and current policy fellows
photo credit: AIO SIDS IWRM Project Building Capacity to Prevent Water Related Conflict via photopin (license)