The International E. Balzan Prize Foundation aims to promote culture, science, and the most meritorious initiatives in the cause of humanity, peace, and fraternity among peoples throughout the world. This aim is attained through the annual award of prizes in (1) literature, moral sciences, and the arts, and (2) medicine and the physical, mathematical, and natural sciences. In 2017, the Balzan Prizes, will be awarded in the areas of:
- Collective Memory
- Gender Studies
- Immunological Approaches in Cancer Therapy
- The Sun’s Planetary System and Exoplanets.
Research Western: March 1, 2017 (for internal review and the required institutional signatures).
Balzan Foundation: March 15, 2017
Nominations: A full nomination package will include:
- A statement detailing the rationale for the nomination, including mention of particularly important publications.
- A CV including present position, main academic activities, date and place of birth, nationality, residence, and address.
- A recent photograph with an indication of copyright where applicable.
- For candidates in the social sciences and humanities:A bibliography, including the above-mentioned publications, with publisher, publication year, and translations of original titles that have been translated into other languages.
Contact: Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding these awards and the nomination process.
photo credit: Dakiny Ornate Cowfish (female) of Tokyo Sea Life Park : オルネートカウフィッシュ（葛西臨海水族園） via photopin (license)