The Ontario Bar Association (OBA) has issued a call for applications for Fellowships in Legal Ethics and Professionalism.
$15,000 – Fellowship in Research
$5,000 – Fellowship in Studies
Faculty Research Office: 5 days prior to agency deadline. (If you wish to have feedback on your application allow at least one week – contact Karen Kueneman)
Research Western: 5 days prior to agency deadline
OBA: July 3, 2017
Description: Two Fellowships are available for 2017-18:
- The OBA Foundation Chief Justice of Ontario Fellowship in Research (“Fellowship in Research”)
- The OBA Foundation Chief Justice of Ontario Fellowship in Legal Ethics and Professionalism Studies (“Fellowship in Studies”)
The purposes of the Fellowships are:
- to encourage scholarship in the academic discipline of legal ethics and professionalism in Canadian universities and colleges;
- to continue the development of Canadian materials on legal ethics and professionalism in the practice of law;
- to promulgate the principles of professionalism to the practicing bar at continuing education conferences; and
- to commission keynote speakers for continuing education conferences on legal ethics and professionalism.
Applications are to be accompanied by a completed ROLA.