Mitacs has partnered with the United Way to support research on themes surrounding social inclusion in five regions across Canada.
Funding is offered through the Mitacs Accelerate program, so graduate students and postdocs are eligible, and no additional partner organization is required. Interested applicants can submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) outlining their proposed research topic until January 8, 2018.
- United Way Calgary & Area: Calgary and Area: City of Calgary, towns of Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks and Strathmore.
- United Way Halton & Hamilton: Halton & Hamilton: Greater Hamilton and Halton region
- United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin: Guelph, Wellington County, and Orangeville and Dufferin County
- United Way Lower Mainland: Metro Vancouver, North coast – Sea to Sky, the Lower Mainland to Abbotsford and the Fraser Valley
- United Way Ottawa: City of Ottawa