This announcement applies to Western Researchers who are considering participation in funding opportunities offered by, but not limited to, the following U.S. Federal Agencies:
- Department of Defense (DoD) / Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- Defense Health Agency (DHS)
- The Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Public Health Services agencies
As of January 1st, 2018, U.S. funding opportunities available via Grants.gov are subject to new standard application methods. Due to the retirement of the Grants.gov Legacy PDF Application Package, applicants will now start applications, populate forms, invite participants (co-applicants, collaborators, etc.), and submit applications in web-based workspaces affiliated to an eligible institution.
Researchers must Register/start an Account for the appropriate application platform(s).
- eRA Commons andgov Accounts required for access to ASSIST or Workspace (NIH/PHS applications)
- gov Account required for access to Workspace (DoD/CDMRP)
*To initiate Accounts, or to affiliate existing Accounts to Western, please contact Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
photo credit: Alan Vernon. American White Pelican (Pelecanus erythrorhynchos) via photopin (license)