The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in the United Kingdom have launched an international competition to assess the state of research knowledge on Canada-UK trade relationships.
Faculty Research Office: 5 days prior to SSHRC deadline. (If you wish to have feedback on your application allow at least one week – contact Karen Kueneman)
Research Western: 5 days prior to SSHRC deadline
SSHRC: March 28, 2018.
Amount: up to $30,000 (split between UK researcher and Canadian researcher)
- This is an international competition and will only accept international, collaborative research projects. Proposed projects must involve a minimum of two researchers, one of whom is affiliated with an institution in Canada, the other with an institution in the UK.
- This is a Knowledge Synthesis Grant (not for original research) which is intended to support the synthesis of existing research knowledge and the identification of knowledge strengths and research gaps. This call is particularly focused on the state of research knowledge emerging over the past 10 years.
- These types of grants require a VERY quick turnaround: the knowledge synthesis report is due within six months of obtaining the grant. The grant duration is one year.
- UK-Canada trade relationships in the context of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement and Brexit
- Prosperity and sustainability: Inclusion, labour and environment
- Trade barriers: From tariffs and regulatory barriers to non-tariff barriers
- Technological and digital transformations, cross-border trade in services, and geography
Full Applications are to be processed through Research Western and are to be accompanied by a completed ROLA.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.