The Ontario Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science (MRIS) Early Researcher Award (ERA) program helps promising, recently-appointed Ontario researchers build their research teams of undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, research assistants, associates, and technicians. The goal of the program is to improve Ontario’s ability to attract and retain the best and brightest research talent. The Early Researcher Awards program includes nine panels recognizing achievement in the categories of Arts and Humanities, Energy, Engineering and Emerging Technologies, Environmental and Natural Sciences, Health Systems Research, Information and Communication Technologies, Math and Physics, Life Sciences – Clinical, Life Sciences – Non-Clinical, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing, and Social Sciences.
- May 29, 2018: Internal deadline for Notice of Intent submission (to Antoinette Martin) and ROLA proposal
- June 1, 2018: Submission of NOIs to the Ministry at 1 p.m.
- June 26, 2018: First draft submitted to RDS if participating in internal peer review
- July 10, 2018: Revised draft submitted to RDS if participating in internal peer review; first draft if not participating in internal peer review
- July 24, 2018: Peer reviewer comments returned to applicants
- July 31, 2018: ROLA proposal, final application, and reference letters (hard copy or email) submitted to RDS
- August 7, 2018: Submission of applications to the Ministry at 1 p.m.
Amount: $100,000 from ERA (and $50,000 in matching contributions)
Eligibility: Full-time faculty member or principal investigator at an eligible research institution at the time of application; Started your academic research career no more than five years ago (as of July 1, 2018); Completed your first PhD, DVM or MD no more than 10 years ago (as of July 1, 2018)
Information sessions: details soon
Program details, timelines, and forms and resources for the ERA program can be found on the Research Western ERA site.