The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) Canada awards the prestigious Tarnopolsky prize annually to a resident of Canada who has made an outstanding contribution to human rights, domestically or internationally.
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Amount: $1000 honorarium and an inscribed bronze medallion
- A formal nomination form to be obtained from ICJ must be completed
- Nominations must be accompanied by both two letters of support for the candidate’s nomination and a concise curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Articles and testimonials may also be submitted
- All of the above documentation must be submitted with the nomination
- Nominations will stand for the next three years
Eligibility: Must be a Canadian resident; every third award will be made to a person who has not yet reached the midpoint of her or his occupation, vocation, professional career or business career during the year for which the award is made. The year 2018 award will not fall into this category; Groups are not acknowledged as candidates; There are no posthumous awards.