The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) is now accepting faculty research project submissions for Summer 2019. GRI pairs faculty in Canada with international undergrads for 12-week research projects from May to October. Globalink Research Interns work 40 hours per week on the research project.
- All disciplines are eligible
- Top-ranked senior undergrads travel from Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and Ukraine
- Faculty can submit multiple projects and re-submit projects from previous years
Deadline: June 13, 2018, at 1 p.m. PT.
Mitacs, in coordination with their funding partners, oversee the following:
- Flight and student visa reimbursement
- Medical insurance for the duration of the internship
- Coordination with host institutions’ administrative offices to ensure a smooth arrival and registration process
- Selection of a Globalink Mentor to assist with tasks including picking up students from the airport, escorting them to their residences, introducing them to their supervising professors, organizing social events, and acting as an emergency contact, etc.
- Professional skills workshops
- Industry events, such as meetings with professors, government representatives, and business leaders
Roles and responsibilities of the supervisor: Host professors must ensure the following is in place for their Globalink Research Intern prior to the start of the internship (as required):
- Research supervision
- E-mail and internet access
- Lab and/or office space
- Software or hardware
- Any safety or orientation information required for the project