The Centre for Teaching and Learning presents:
Developing Your Academic Social Media Presence
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Weldon Library, Room 121
Click here to Register.
Have you wondered how you could use social media in your research and/or teaching, but weren’t sure of the best approach? This session is designed to answer your questions about social media and give you some insights about how you could integrate social media into your work as an academic.
Five panelists will share their tips and experiences with social media:
- Melissa Cheater (Communications and Public Affairs) will give an overview of current platforms and their potential usefulness in academic work;
- Kristin Hoffmann (Western Libraries) will show how you can use ImpactStory to demonstrate the impact and reach of your scholarly social media activity;
- Stephen Williamson (Economics) will talk about his widely read blog and his use of Twitter;
- Nicole Campbell (Schulich Medicine & Dentistry) will discuss her use of Facebook in teaching; and
- Adrian Owen (Brain and Mind Research Institute) will talk about his experiences using multiple social media platforms for research.
Following the presentations by the panel, the session will provide time for questions and discussion.
photo credit: wuestenigel Follow us text with hand showing thumbs up via photopin (license)