The Royal Society of Canada (RSC) offers a variety of prestigious medals and awards recognizing outstanding achievements of Canadian researchers. Nominees are not required to be a Fellow or College Member of the RSC. In 2019, the following awards will be offered:
In the humanities and social sciences:
- Pierre Chauveau Medal – Awarded for a distinguished contribution to knowledge in the Humanities.
- Jason A. Hannah Medal – Awarded for an important publication in the history of medicine.
- Yvan Allaire Medal + $5,000 – For outstanding contribution in governance (Social Sciences)
Nomination Process:Nominees must be Canadian citizens or have been Canadian residents for the past three years. Nominations for the awards must be made by either:
- a Fellow of the RSC, plus two co-nominators; or
- the president of the university, plus two co-nominators.
A full nomination package will consist of:
- the nomination form
- the letters of nomination from the primary nominator and co-nominators
- a 70-word citation
- a 1200-word appraisal of the nominee’s work and suitability for the award
- a CV (max. 20 pages)
- three letters of reference, with a biography statement for each referee.
February 1, 2019: Institutional nomination must be initiated by contacting Julaine Hall (Julaine.email@example.com) in RDSE
March 1, 2019: RSC nomination submission deadline
Contact: Interested nominees and nominators should contact Julaine.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Karen Kueneman, Research Officer and your Associate Dean Research, Director of Research or Assistant Dean Research if interested.
For more information visit https://www.uwo.ca/research/excellence/awards/royal_society_of_canada_awards.html