The American Musicological Society (AMS) has a number of Awards, many with deadlines upcoming in the next few months. Deadlines and value varies. For some you must be a member of AMS but for others the nominations are open.
- Early Music Award – for outstanding scholarship on music before 1550; Deadline – May 1, 2019
- The Alfred Einstein Award will honor each year a musicological article of exceptional merit, published during the previous year (2018) in any language and in any country by a scholar in the early stages of his or her career who is a member of the AMS or a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States. Deadline – May 1, 2019
- The Roland Jackson Award will recognize an article in the English language of exceptional merit in the field of music analysis by a scholar who is a member of the AMS or a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States. Deadline – May 1, 2019
- Music in American Culture Award for outstanding scholarship in music of the United States; Deadline: May 1, 2019
- The Robert M. Stevenson Award recognizes outstanding scholarship in Iberian music. The designation “Iberian music” is here meant to include music composed, performed, created, collected, belonging to, or descended from the musical cultures of Spain, Portugal, and all Latin American areas in which Spanish and Portuguese are spoken.
The nominee must be a member of the AMS. Deadline May 1, 2019
- The Thomas Hampson Fund is dedicated to fostering editions and scholarship on classic song in all its contexts (including American song, contemporary song, etc.), as well as new and innovative technologies for promoting and understanding classic song via interactive media and the Internet. Deadline August 15, 2019