The Law Foundation of Ontario has issued a call for applications to its national Access to Justice Fund in the area of investor rights, in particular their legal rights. This initiative provides a unique and exciting opportunity to advance the protection of investor rights. University researchers are eligible to apply.
Amount: Research and project grants – up to $100,000
Faculty Research Office: At least 5 days before Agency Deadline (at least 1-2 weeks before deadline for feedback on your application)
Research Services: At least 5 days before Agency Deadline (with ROLA)
Law Foundation of Ontario: July 15, 2019
Description: The Investor Rights 2019 welcomes applications for:
a. Research: Qualitative and/or empirical research for the study of investor rights, including research into the protection for investor rights in the Canadian capital markets. Research could include an analysis of:
- Strengths and weaknesses of current regulatory regimes
- Investors’ abilities to exercise the current rights and remedies available to them
- Current legal information, legal services, and dispute resolution mechanisms
b. Projects:Innovative projects in the area of investor rights. The projects could be:
- In the areas of legal information and education or pro bono services
- To strengthen the capacity of the nonprofit organizations to protect the legal rights of investors
More information and applications…
Applications are to be accompanied by a completed ROLA.
Please contact Karen Kueneman if you intend to apply.