The Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (MEDJCT) has officially launched Round 10 of the Ontario Research Fund -Research Excellence (ORF-RE) program.
The program guidelines and application form for the Ontario Research Fund – Research Excellence (ORF-RE) are now available. You can find both the guidelines and an application form (pre-populated with Western’s institutional information) on Research Western’s website, along with resources and institutional timelines: https://www.uwo.ca/research/funding/external/orf_re.html
This page will be updated as resources are revised for this new round.
All interested applicants are encouraged to attend.
- Date: Wednesday, June 26th
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Arts & Humanities Building (AHB), room 1B02
- The information session will include an overview of the program and application components, tools and resources available from Research Western, strategies for success and common mistakes, knowledge exchange and crafting the Research Impact and Plan for Achieving Impact sections, and information on developing your budget.
Since there is no Notice of Intent Stage for this round, interested applicants are encouraged to contact Alda O’Grady so that you are included in program-related communications.
- Late July/Early August:Preliminary draft & preliminary budget to RDS
- Friday, August 23, 2019: Information for institutional letters, draft partner letters of support, and draft budgets submitted to RDS, in order to guarantee the required institutional letters
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019: Final budget & revised proposal draft submitted
- Monday, September 16, 2019: Final proposal draft, final letters of support, and ROLA proposal submitted
- Friday, September 20, 2019: Final application deadline
Amount: ORF-RE Round 10 has two application funding tiers:
- Tier 1. Open to all disciplines. Funds projects from $200,000 to $1,000,000.
- Tier 2. Open to all disciplines. Funds projects from $1,000,001 to $4,000,000.
NOTE: The fund provides up to one third of the total value of a project, with the remaining two thirds coming from a combination of private sector and institutional contributions.
Please contact email@example.com (ext. 82262) if you have any questions regarding the ORF-RE program.