The Law Commission of Ontario (LCO) is seeking public proposals for new law reform projects.
By definition, LCO reports break new ground in law reform. This is a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to work with Ontario’s leading law reform agency to develop independent, principled and authoritative advice on important legal issues.
• Address important legal issues affecting a significant number of Ontarians;
• Focus on issues in which law reform is timely and necessary;
• Result in specific, concrete recommendations to provincial laws or legal policies;
• Promote access to justice; and,
• Engage stakeholders involved in the subject area.
The LCO will generally not support projects in areas already studied by the LCO or duplicative of recent legislation, inquiries, reports, etc.
Eligibility: Any person or organization residing in Ontario can submit a proposal, including legal professionals, legal organizations, NGOs, governments, academics or members of the public.
Deadline: September 27th, 2019.
More information about the LCO’s Call for Proposals, including the process and selection criteria, is available on the project proposal webpage. Questions or comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The LCO is not a funding organization.