Mitacs is a nonprofit national research organization that, in partnerships with Canadian academia, non profit organizations, private industry and government, operates research and training programs in fields related to industrial and social innovation. Their programs support your research trainees (students and postdocs).
If you have a relationship with an external organization that requires research assistance this program may fit. Note that most Mitacs programs require the partner organization to provide funding in addition to the funding from Mitacs.
Build research partnerships while funding your grad students. Apply any time for funding that starts at $15,000. Accelerate is open to both for-profit businesses and not-for-profit (NFP) organizations, such as industry associations, charitable organizations, and economic development organizations.
Description: Through Mitacs Accelerate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows apply their specialized expertise to business-related research challenges. Armed with the very latest tools, techniques, and innovations, the intern (a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow) brings a new perspective to the problem faced by the partner.
- Interns spend approximately half of the time on-site with the partner; the remainder is spent at the university advancing the research under the guidance of a faculty supervisor.
- Open to all disciplines and all industry sectors, projects can span a wide range of areas, including: manufacturing, technical innovation, business processes, IT, social sciences, design, and more.
Funding: Each 4-month internship project receives $15,000 in direct funding, with the partner organization and Mitacs each providing $7,500
Applications: Applications are accepted throughout the year and projects may begin at any time.
Elevate: Establish long-term research collaborations that support postdoctoral career development. This competitive two-year fellowship is valued at $55,000 per year.
Globalink: Fund your students’ research abroad and work with talented international undergrads. Globalink offers two-way mobility for senior undergrads and grad students.
NOTE: Due to high demand for this program, Mitacs is limiting access to the program at this time.
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award provides funding to support senior undergraduate and graduate student research projects abroad.
- A $6,000 research award to the Canadian supervisor to support student travel and accommodation expenses, research related expenses, and student stipend.
- Open to all disciplines
- For joint research projects with academic collaborators for a minimum of 12 weeks to a maximum of 24 weeks abroad
- Partner countries include: Brazil, France, India, Mexico, Korea, UK, Singapore
- Applications accepted any time
Mitacs Contact at Western: Erin Azzopardi, 519.280.5655, firstname.lastname@example.org