Undergraduate students who are summer research trainees are now welcome to return to the Western University campus for the purpose of conducting their research. Note, however, that their activity will be subject to the same Research Recovery guidelines that regulate all of the research activities (https://www.uwo.ca/research/recovery-plan/). Safety for students, staff and faculty remains the primary concern.
- If these students are not needed on campus then they need to continue working remotely.
- As with other research personnel, these students must be “welcomed” back to campus by the Dean or delegate.
- When on campus they must adhere to the mask, physical distancing and research area safety protocols in place to mitigate risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Please work with your local Unit teams to secure building access for these students if needed.
- These students must also fill out a COVID-19 health questionnaire on a daily basis. However, there is no PeopleSoft version for undergraduates. In place of this, please find attached a paper version provided by HR Health and Safety. Brad Matushewski has developed a qualtrics version of the survey that can be modified to work for each academic Unit. Please contact Brad firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you would like to receive that survey template and instructions.
Note: Some undergrad summer research students in your faculties may require building access. Please note that requests for this access must be sent to Brent Shea (email@example.com) and Declan Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Lynn Logan’s office, along with the name of the student and their student number. Note that access is not extended generally to undergraduate students, and these requests must be made on a case-by-case basis for summer research students only.