The Order of Ontario is the province’s highest official honour. It recognizes any current or former long-time resident of Ontario who has demonstrated a high level of individual excellence and achievement, in any field, benefiting the people of Ontario or anywhere in the world. Members of The Order of Ontario are entitled to use the post-nominal initials ‘O.Ont.’
The Nomination Process: Anyone can nominate, but self-nomination is not accepted. Nominees are long-term residents or former residents of Ontario.
A full nomination package will consist of:
- A completed nomination form
- A brief summary of the nominee’s achievements to capture the attention of the selection committee (max. 1000 characters);
- A detailed description of the nominee and his/her achievements including background/history of the nominee (max. 8000 characters including punctuation and spaces);
- Written testimonials (signed and original) from at least two additional persons who can attest to the value and impact of the nominee’s achievements; and
- Additional material in support of the nomination (e.g., additional testimonial letters, publications, media stories, current CV, tributes). Only include additional materials that provide new information and insight into the nominee’s accomplishments.
Submission: Full submissions can be made online using the an electronic submission.
Deadline: The final nomination submission deadline is March 31, 2021
Contact: Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.