Introduction to Qualitative Analysis with NVivo
Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021
1:00 – 2:30 pm
Interested in digital qualitative research? Join Western Libraries for a webinar on getting started with NVivo! Learn about the capabilities of this popular analysis package, how to set up a project and import different kinds of data, and start coding. NVivo is a tool for organizing, managing and analyzing qualitative data. This introductory session will provide an overview of NVivo’s capabilities and demonstrate how to use it to get started on a qualitative research project.
- Learn about the features and functionality of NVivo
- Set data files up for autocoding and import
- Create an NVivo project and import different types of data
- Organize and classify files and cases
- Code data and create notes and memos
- Run queries and create charts
- Plan a content analysis
Register for this online workshop here.
Access to NVivo software is not essential but may be helpful if you want to follow along. A trial version of the software may be downloaded here. Sample data files will be sent out with the link to access the workshop.