The Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) for Social Sciences and Humanities, has issued a call for proposals on Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World (RRR). The program aims to address key gaps in our understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium and long-term societal effects of COVID-19 pandemic.
Amount: $200,000 (from SSHRC) over 24-36 months
When a project is selected for funding, each of the teams (see below for more information) will receive a grant from its respective country and funder(s).
Intent to Submit (Compulsory): June 14, 2021
Faculty Research Office: 1 week prior to SSHRC deadline. (If you wish to have feedback on your application allow at least two weeks – contact Karen Kueneman)
Western Research: 1 week prior to SSHRC deadline
SSHRC: July 12, 2021 (Project start date March 1, 2022)
Description: Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant SSH research proposals that address one or more of the following post-pandemic challenges:
- reducing inequalities and vulnerabilities;
- building a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable society;
- fostering democratic governance and political participation;
- advancing responsible and inclusive digital innovation; and
- ensuring effective and accurate communication and media.
Eligibility: Western University applicants must hold an eligible academic research appointment at Western. Applicants must apply as a transnational research project partnership. Each project must comprise at least three eligible Principal Investigators from at least three different T-AP participating countries from both sides of the Atlantic.
Participating Countries: Canada (SSHRC), UK, Poland, Brazil, Finland, Croatia, Colombia, Germany, France, South Africa, Switzerland; the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Canada is providing funding for researchers from Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay and Peru.
More information and applications:
- T-AP Call for Proposals
- SSHRC National Addendum (English)
- SSHRC Webinar for Applicants
- Questions for Canadian applications should be directed to Patricia MacCaughan email@example.com
- Applications must be accompanied by a completed ROLA.