NSERC is offering a new ‘pilot’ funding program, Discovery Horizons. Discovery Horizons grants support investigator-initiated individual and team projects that broadly integrate or transcend disciplines to advance knowledge in the natural sciences and engineering.
Amount: From $50K to $100K per year (Up to five years)
Faculty Research Office: one week prior to agency deadline (for internal review of draft application allow 2-3 weeks)
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021 by/before 8:00PM
- Submission of Letter of Intent (LOI – complete drafts accepted) to email@example.com.
- Submission of ROLA proposal for e-approvals (select “Letter of Intent”option [not “New Application”]).
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 by/before 8:00PM
- Submission of LOI in Convergence Portal.
- Friday, October 8, 2021 by/before 2:00PM
- Submission of Full Application (by NSERC invitation only – complete drafts accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of ROLA proposal for e-approvals.
- Monday, October 18, 2021 by/before 8:00PM
- Submission of Full Application (by invitation) in Convergence Portal
Eligibility: The applicant and co-applicants must all be eligible to hold NSERC funding. Individuals are only allowed to participate in ONE Discovery Horizons application, as either an applicant or co-applicant, per competition cycle.
- Detailed NSERC Discovery Horizons information is available in the Program Overview, and the LOI Instructions.
- NSERC-hosted webinars for the new Discovery Horizons program. A short presentation of the program will precede a Q&A session.