The Province of Ontario has indicated it will move to Step 1 of its Roadmap to Reopen as part of its third-wave recovery plan on Friday, June 11, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
What does this mean for research at Western?
- On-campus research requires approval of the Dean or delegate, such as the Associate Dean (Research). Please contact your Associate/Assistant Dean (Research) to re-initiate studies.
- In-person, face-to-face research that engages on-campus personnel (e.g., registered students, staff and faculty) as research participants may resume, effective June 11, 2021.
- Indoor face-to-face human studies involving moderate-to-high ventilation rates (e.g., exercise testing or training) remain paused for the time being.
- Off-campus field and community-based research must receive permission from both Western and destination sites.
- Occupancy of on-campus research spaces is limited to 30 per cent.
As reminders, members of Western’s community are required to complete the return-to-campus questionnaire and to wear three-ply masks at all times in buildings on campus—including on lunch breaks—and near others outside. Supervisors may recommend face shields if goggles cannot be accommodated. It is recommended that all breaks occur outside where PPE can be removed when physically distanced from others.
When in doubt, think safety first.
The university continues to provide campus-wide updates and Western Research maintains additional research-related notices. Please direct any additional questions to your Associate/Assistant Dean (Research).