Fulbright grants support research with colleagues across the U.S. for a 4 to 9-month period.
Deadline: November 15, 2021 for a start date of September 2022 or January 2023.
Please note that in the same application you can apply to several Research Chairs.
More information on awards
- Register for the webinar on July 21st at 3 PM EST for details on how to prepare a successful application.
- Awards catalogue with all the Research Chair offering for Canadian Scholars
- Be a Canadian citizen (Permanent residence is not sufficient) do not have dual US citizenship
- Hold a terminal degree (Ph.D., MFA, etc.) or equivalent professional training or experience
- Applicants who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the application deadline are ineligible. A period of nine months or more during a calendar year constitutes a full year.
- Recipients of a Fulbright Scholar, award are eligible to apply for another award two years after the date of completion of the previous award.
- Detailed Eligibility requirements available here.
- The application portal is available here.
- For the application, no project budget is required, the main pieces of your application are:
|Project Statement||Up to 5 pages|
|CV/Resume||Up to 6 pages|
|Letters of Recommendation||Three (3) for Research Chair Awards|
|Bibliography||Required for Research and Teaching/Research awards, up to 3 pages|
|Syllabi/course outlines||Required for Teaching and Teaching/Research awards, up to 10 pages|
|Letter of Invitation||Only required for the Field Open Awards|
- Applicant training, background, and experience: The applicant possesses the training, credentials, and active professional standing, as appropriate for their project, discipline, and career path, and meets all stated requirements for the award, including language proficiency (if applicable).
- Quality of the project: The project is feasible, original, well-designed, innovative, and demonstrates relevance and currency to the discipline.
- Project’s potential impact, outcome, and benefits: The project demonstrates a broad, sustainable impact beyond the length of the award period and clearly describes plans to disseminate results.
- Personal qualities: The applicant displays an ability to be adaptable, culturally sensitive, collegial, and can serve as a cultural ambassador for Canada