EURAXESS North America has partnered with the Delegation of the European Union to Canada to promote the EU’s new framework program for research and innovation, Horizon Europe. The 90-minute virtual event will provide an overview of Horizon Europe to stakeholders and researchers interested in getting involved in the program. Learn about the open calls and opportunities for researchers in Canada to become part of the €95.5 billion (CAD $137.3b / USD $110.8b) in funding offered by Horizon Europe.
The event is open to faculty, research administrative staff and trainees.
The webinar will take place via Zoom on Thursday, October 28th, 2021 at 11:00 AM ET (8:00 AM PT / 5:00 PM CEST).
To Register: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/worldwide/north-america/horizon-europe-canada-launch
- Welcome remarks, H.E. Melita Gabrič, Ambassador of the European Union to Canada
- Introduction, Maria Cristina Russo, Director for Global Approach & International Cooperation in Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Horizon Europe overview – Dr. Martin Penny, Head of Unit for International Cooperation Policy, European Commission
- Opportunities for Canadians, Canada’s perspective – Dr. Ted Hewitt, President of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- EURAXESS services – Jackson Howard, Regional Coordinator, EURAXESS North America
- ERC grants and MSCA fellowships – Kristin Kraav, Estonian National Contact Point for ERC and MSCA
- Closing remarks – H.E. Andrej Gregor Rode, Ambassador of Slovenia to Canada
- Q&A session