Western’s Interdisciplinary Development Initiatives (IDI) program is intended to seed new interdisciplinary collaborations that help position teams for success in securing external funding.
Amount: IDIs will be considered under two streams:
- Stream 1: Up to $35,000 over 1 year
- Stream 2: Up to $200,000 over 2 years
Faculty Research Office: February 21, 2022; if you would like feedback on your application allow at least 2-3 weeks before agency deadline – submit to Karen Kueneman
Western Research: March 1, 2022, ROLA and application (results by March 31, 2022)
Eligibility: IDIs are open to researchers in all disciplines and Faculties. Proposals must identify a project leader and at least one co-investigator. The project leader must hold an academic appointment at Western and be eligible to hold research grants at Western.
Changes for the 2022 round:
- IDI grants can now include support for the direct costs of research; teams must justify how the proposed research and/or other activities will help build interdisciplinary teams and increase the likelihood of success in securing external funding.
- There is no Letter of Intent stage for this round.
- The “Emerging Teams” and “Established Teams” streams have been replaced by two streams both directed at supporting new teams or significantly expanded teams.
- There is no longer a requirement for establishing Steering Advisory Committees or administration of funds by faculties.
For further information or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.