The award provides a total of $100,000 over one year to a faculty member or a team of faculty members nominated by an eligible institution, to fund research projects in EDI that are game-changing and/or EDI initiatives that would be implemented within the institution that are game-changing and that:
- Contributes to the understanding of the persistence of systemic barriers in the nominating institution and/or the research ecosystem and academia more broadly; and
- Identifies innovative measures that could be implemented to change the status quo and break down those barriers in the long term.
Institutions may only submit one nomination in a given year.
Eligibility: To be eligible for nomination, the faculty member(s) must:
- Hold a full-time academic appointment at the institution at the time of nomination and for the duration of the award;
- Be eligible to receive grant funding from CIHR, NSERC, and/or SSHRC; and
- Be in good standing with CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC.
Current and former Canada Research Chairs (CRCs) are eligible, as are individuals who are not CRCs. Institutional administrators who are eligible to hold grant funding from the agencies are also eligible to be nominated.
|Internal: Wednesday, May 25, by/before 5pm EDT
|submissions sent to email@example.com must include:
– The Robbins-Ollivier nomination form
– Description of the proposed project
– Proposed budget
The Western nominee will be selected by June 10, 2022
|External: Wednesday, June 29, by/before 8pm EDT
|Final submission to the Canada Research Chairs program by Western Research.
Contact: For more information, contact Shelley Bellyou, Internal Grants Officer.