Administered by the National Killam Program, Dorothy Killam Fellows are leading researchers whose best-in-class research stands to have significant impact on a national or global scale. Between 5-8 fellowships are awarded annually, on a competitive basis.
Amount: valued at $80,000 CAD per year for a total of up to $160,000 for 2 years.
A Dorothy Killam Fellow is relieved of teaching and some administrative duties for the period of the fellowship. The funds are intended to assist the institution to cover the costs of replacement of the applicant while still paying regular salary and benefits during the 2-year fellowship period. Recipients must obtain support for research and laboratory costs from other sources. All fellowship dispersals are administered to the existing research institution of the applicant.
|Internal: Wednesday, May 18||Notice of Intent to Apply: email email@example.com expressing your intention to submit an application and we will arrange for an Institutional Attestation Letter.|
|Internal: Wednesday, June 8||Draft Application Submission Deadline: a draft application package must be submitted to the online portal for institutional approval. Additionally, the submission of a ROLA proposal is required.|
|External: Wednesday, June 17 *note date change||Final Submission to National Killam Program|
Eligibility: Typically, a fellowship recipient is a professor at a Canadian university with significant teaching and/or administrative responsibilities. To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be an individual living and working in Canada at a Canadian institution(s) in the early-to-mid stage in their career (typically no more than 15 years since the completion of a PhD); and
- May not have already been awarded a fellowship from the Killam Program of the Canada Council for the Arts.
Candidates must apply to the National Killam Program directly, however, the institution must provide an attestation that:
- Confirms you are an eligible candidate;
- Confirms your employment; and
- Agrees to accept and administer the Dorothy Killam Fellowship funds under the terms set out by the National Killam Program.
Contact: Interested parties are required to consult with Julaine Hall, Research Development Officer (Awards & Distinctions), regarding this award and the application process.
Contact Karen Kueneman firstname.lastname@example.org and your ADR if you intend to apply.