The Western Academy for Advanced Research invites Letters of Intent for September 2023/January 2024 themes.
Amount: Western Fellows associated with a funded project are seconded from their department and relieved of service and teaching duties.
- Stipend support and housing subsidies for visiting fellows and postdoctoral scholars;
- Financial support to units from which Western fellows are seconded for the year;
- Dedicated, non-laboratory space for theme activities (e.g., meeting, seminar and office space);
- Financial and administrative support for seminars, workshops, conferences and disseminating theme outputs; and
- General administrative and infrastructural support.
Faculty Research Office: 1 week prior to academy deadline. (If you wish to have feedback on your application allow at least two weeks – contact Karen Kueneman)
Western Academy: July 17, 2022
Description: The Western Academy brings together interdisciplinary and international teams of scholars to address major issues (themes) facing humanity through a period of dedicated focus. The work includes timely public engagement and culminates in high-quality outputs that advance solutions to the issue being investigated.
For more information about the application, timelines, and best practices, visit the competition page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.