You’re invited to join Western Libraries for the upcoming Research Skills Workshops.
March 2 (1:30-2:30): Finding and Evaluating Book Reviews (Zoom)
This session looks at the role book reviews play in academic publishing, research, and teaching. Hundreds of thousands of books are published every year, but only a small portion receive critical reviews. Thanks to the Internet, more books are being reviewed beyond magazines and journals. Learn about the importance of book reviews and how they shape what we read.
- Identify the role book reviews play in academic publishing
- Incorporate book reviews into your research and teaching
- Develop strategies for locating and evaluating book reviews
March 3 (10:30-12:00): Literature Search for Systematic/Scoping Reviews (Zoom)
This interactive workshop introduces methods for systematically searching the literature, including identifying key databases and developing a thorough search strategy. Tips and tricks in the major databases will also be demonstrated.
- How to identify and search key research databases
- How to apply advanced searching techniques
- How to develop a search strategy for your own research question