Partnership Grants provide support for new and existing formal partnerships to advance research, research training and/or knowledge mobilization through mutual co-operation and sharing of intellectual leadership. These grants are intended for large teams working in formal collaboration between post-secondary institutions and/or organizations of various types. Partnership Grants are highly competitive, and typically involve many partners who make cash and/or in-kind contributions, and overall support to the project.
Deadlines (Stage 1):
Faculty Research Office: at least 3-4 weeks before agency deadline if you wish feedback on your application – submit to Karen Kueneman
Oct-Dec 2023 – Meet with Faculty Research Officer and Research Development Officer (RDO) to discuss the proposed partnership, institutional matching funds, and project planning needs.
January 15, 2024 – Letters of Support
January 29, 2024 – ROLA
February 5, 2024 – Applicants release final application to SSHRC portal for Western Research review
SSHRC (stage 1): February 10, 2024 – Western Research will submit to SSHRC
Amount: Partnership Grants involve a two-stage application process.
Stage 1: up to $20,000 to applicants invited to prepare a Formal Application (Stage 2)
Stage 2: up to $500,000 per year over 4-7 years, for a maximum total of up to $2.5 million over 7 years.
Note: Partnership Grants require 35% matching cash and/or in-kind contributions from sources other than SSHRC.
Eligibility: A Project Director must be eligible to hold a research account at Western. An individual may not, in a calendar year, submit, as applicant (principal investigator/project director), an application for both an Partnership Grant and a Partnership Development Grant.
More Information and Assistance:
- See Western Research’s web page for more information on internal requirements.
- Please contact Karen Kueneman, email@example.com, immediately if you intend to apply.
- Western research provides services and supports to strengthen your proposal as it is developed, including editorial review and written feedback. Western Research will work closely with you and identify the support you require, and a suitable timeline in order to provide those services. Contact Elizabeth Russell-Minda, Research Development Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSHRC Webinar – October 19, 2023, 1:00 – 2:30 pm. (Webex)
- EDI-D: To assist with your application and proposal development, consult Western’s Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Decolonization (EDID) Resources and SSHRC’s Guide to Addressing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Considerations in Partnership Grant Applications and Indigenous Research.