Call for Proposals: Pilot project with Justice Data
In order to increase access to the Integrated Criminal Court Survey (ICCS) data, from 2005/2006 to 2013/2014, the Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics, together with Statistics Canada and Research Data Centres, is launching a pilot project to increase access to data on criminal court cases. This pilot project will give university researchers greater access to data on criminal court cases and will aim to evaluate and improve confidentiality vetting rules.
As the primary objective of this pilot project is to evaluate and refine confidentiality vetting rules for the ICCS data, to adequately test these rules, preference will be given to proposed studies on the following basis:
- Studies involving the production of basic tabular outputs (e.g., frequencies, means, medians, ratios), including supplemental tables ( to produce graphical outputs or support covariance matrices).
- Studies that focus on one or more of the following:
• Regional, or Provincial/Territorial-level analysis;
• Analysis using sex or specific ages or age groups (e.g., youth, adults) of the accused;
• Analysis using particular variables, for example: survey (adult/youth), level of court, court type, type of decision, type of offence, type of sentence, sentencing details, or case elapsed time.
Deadline: June 10