The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) has been developing a new approach to end-of-grant reporting that is more user-friendly. As part of this process, they have created a revised and more concise achievement report. This replaces the existing final research and activity reports.
The information provided in these reports is of great value to SSHRC as it is a vital input to future planning and strategy setting. It also allows SSHRC to:
- promote social sciences and humanities research, and show how it contributes to a better future for Canada and the world;
- demonstrate the impact and outcomes of the research it funds, and how the findings from this research are used to improve our quality of life, enrich cultural expression, and drive prosperity, equity and sustainability through innovation;
- monitor the performance of its funding opportunities;
- report to government; and
- provide input for decision-making on and the evaluation of funding opportunities.
Beginning June 6th, 2016, new achievement reports will be available to Insight Development Grant and Connection Grant recipients. They will be in a survey format on Fluidsurveys, a secure web platform, and must be submitted within six months of the end of the grant period.
To demonstrate the impact of SSHRC-funded research, the information from the reports may be shared with Parliament, the research community and the public. SSHRC is committed to the protection of the personal information under its control. Refer to the attached Privacy Notice for more information on how SSHRC collects, uses and discloses personal information.
SSHRC will notify researchers holding Insight Development Grants and Connection Grants when the reports are available on the SSHRC website.
If you have any questions or comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org