The College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists is Canada’s first national system of multidisciplinary recognition for the emerging generation of Canadian intellectual leadership. It gathers scholars, artists, and scientists who have demonstrated a high level of achievement in an early and highly productive stage of their careers into a collegium where new understandings emerge from the interaction of their diverse intellectual, cultural, and social perspectives. The membership of the College is made to be representative of the current state of academia in terms of research methods and domains, age, gender, and ethno-cultural diversity. Membership terms are seven years.
- February, 2017 – internal deadline for Institutional nominations
- March 8, 2017 – final deadline for nominations
- August, 2017 – elected members are notified
Eligibility: Nominees must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents within 15 years of the conferral of their PhD or equivalent (January 1, 2002 or later)
A full nomination package will consist of:
- a complete nomination form
- a cover letter from the primary nominator (max. one page)
- a 70 word citation
- a 1000 word appraisal of the nominee’s work and suitability for the award
- a CV
- A letter of reference (each including a biography statement for the referee)
Nominators: Nominators must be Members of the College or Fellows of the RSC.
Contact: Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding these medals and awards and the nomination process. Please also contact Karen Kueneman, Research Officer and your Associate Dean Research / Assistant Dean Research / Director of Research for assistance.