In order to continue to successfully transition the Research Ethics Board files from ROMEO to WREM they have decided to split the second migration into two phases, resulting in a total of three migrations.
Second Migration: The second migration will occur between 4pm April 6 to 12pm April 9, 2018 and will involve migrating the remaining initial submissions that were still under review as of Aug 31, 2017.
- Will include all studies approved in ROMEO after August 31, 2017
- Will not include post-approval submissions (e.g., amendments, continuing ethics reviews, reportable events, etc.)
- Will not include study documents (including the ROMEO Application Form), which will NOT be migrated into WREM
- Those designated as research support staff will be provided access to the file in WREM; those designated as co-Investigators, students or other will NOT be provided access to the file in WREM and will, therefore, need to be added to the file in WREM.
- WREM will not be accessible during the second migration.
- The second migration will transition the entire research community to WREM, and result in all post-approval submissions being done through WREM.
- ROMEO will remain accessible to researchers for the remainder of 2018, but only to retrieve study documents. Please ensure that if your study will remain active after 2018 that you retrieve your documents from ROMEO and store them securely as per institutional policy.
Third Migration: The third migration, which will occur at a later date, will then include all post-approval submission information (i.e., amendments, continuing ethics reviews, reportable events). The date for this migration is as yet TBD, but is estimated to be June/July 2018.