The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute has announced its programs for the year 2018-19 administered by its offices in India and Canada. The programs seeking applications in this round are:
- Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG)
- Shastri Mobility Program (SMP)
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF)
- Shastri Program Development Grant (SPDG)
- Shastri Publication Grant (SPG)
- Shastri Membership Development Grant (SMDG)
- Global Initiative for Academic Network (GIAN)/Faculty-In-Residence Program (FIR) (Open for Non-members also)
- Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy Grant (SSTSG)
- Shastri Student Internship Project (SSIP)
- SICI Membership Development Fund (SMDF)
Applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and *priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Energy, Environmental Science and Climate Change, Agricultural Science & Technology, Health Care Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies, Information & Communication Technology, Sustainable Habitat, Nano-technology Hardware, Water Resources & River Systems, Advanced Materials, Manufacturing, Security & Defense, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Teacher Education and Training.
Note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research’ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
The details of the programs are available at the web portal https://www.shastriinstitute.org and can be accessed directly from the link: https://www.shastriinstitute.org/grants-awards-and-opportunities-for-indian-canadian-scholars.
Questions or difficulties with submission of applications at Grant Management System (GMS), should be directed to:
- For Programmes – SICRG, SMP, SRSF,SPDG, SPG and SMDG (No. 1-6) – Ms. Reshma Rana Verma at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For FIR/GIAN (No. 7) – Ms. Anju Taneja at email@example.com
- For SSTSG, SSIP and SMDF (No. 8-10) – Ms. Mahmuda Aldeen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application for SSIP and SMDF are accepted directly through email at email@example.com and not through GMS.
photo credit: Daniel Mennerich Agra IND – Itimad-ud-Daula 11 via photopin (license)