Show Up and Write!
Fridays, May 10th – Aug 30th
9.30 AM -1:30 PM | UCC 37
Need some help committing to a regular writing practice? We have organized a weekly drop-in session every Friday as part of Western’s new Faculty Writing Support Program for faculty members.
Come join us to write alongside supportive colleagues from across campus in a quiet, focused environment. We will hold these sessions every Friday between 9:30 AM -1:30 PM. You don’t need to come every week.
- We have booked a large room that seats slightly more than 50 people, so feel free to bring your colleagues along, too.
- This room isn’t an especially cozy space for writing, but it does have good availability of power outlets, is centrally located, and provides room to spread out. (Note: we will not be providing refreshments; please bring your own).
- Not to worry if you can’t manage the whole four hours, or can’t come every week: feel free to come sporadically or regularly, as is useful to you.
- Please note that these sessions will not involve discussions about writing (although you are welcome to have these afterwards). Our plan is for each of us to spend the time on quiet, focused, solitary work in the company of our colleagues.
- No need to register: feel free to show up and write whenever you would like.
This event is part of Western’s Faculty Writing Support Program–a grassroots enterprise led by Western faculty members with support and funding from Research Western.