The Ontario COVID-19 Rapid Research Fund provides research institutions with funding to contribute to global efforts to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applicants are invited to submit proposals that:
- contribute to the global response to the COVID-19 outbreak to mitigate the rapid spread and its potential negative consequences
- provide evidence to inform the clinical and public health response (including, but not limited to, research in medical, social and policy countermeasures), or inform decision-making and planning at the provincial, national and international levels
- are highly feasible with immediately achievable and important results
Timeline and Funding amount: The earliest start date is January 1, 2020 and the project can be up to 2 years in length. There is no maximum funding amount, however there are caps on certain expense categories. Please consult the ORF-RE Round 10 guidelines for specific limits.
- Submit your Expression of Interest using the attached Word template to Western Research at email@example.com by Friday, April 24th by 3 p.m.
- Western Research will submit the EOI on your behalf.
- Within 2-3 days, you will be notified by Western Research if you have been invited to submit a full application.
- If invited to apply, you will have 1 week to turn around the full application. The full application consists of a detailed budget and a three page research proposal.