The SSHRC Partnership Engage Grants (PEG) COVID-19 Special Initiative provides short-term and timely support for small-scale, stakeholder-driven partnerships. It will allow researchers and their partners to address urgent and specific needs, challenges or opportunities through collaborations. It will also provide a unique opportunity to foster a knowledge exchange on COVID-19 crisis related issues, challenges and impacts between postsecondary researchers and different sectors of society, including graduate students, postdoctoral researchers and other highly qualified personnel.
Amount: $7,000 – $25,000 (over one year)
Faculty Research Office: 5 days prior to SSHRC deadline. (If you wish to have feedback on your application allow at least one week – contact Karen Kueneman)
Western Research: 5 days prior to SSHRC deadline
SSHRC: June 15; Upcoming deadline: September 15
REVISIONS TO PROGRAM (May 12/20): Adjustments were introduced to the eligibility criteria and the period of tenure of the PEG COVID-19. The adjustments include:
Duration: Due to the exceptional circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, the effective date of the grant will be retroactive to April 1, 2020, for the June and September 2020 competitions. In this way, expenses incurred on funded projects before the grant is awarded can be reimbursed from the funds allocated under the PEG COVID-19 initiative.
Eligibility: PEG COVID-19 Special Initiative applications are subject to the general PEG eligibility requirements.
Due to the exceptional circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, the following exceptions apply:
– organizations or associations that provide services to postsecondary institutions may be involved as a partner;
– researchers who have already submitted a PEG application in the current calendar year are eligible to apply for a PEG COVID-19 grant; and
– researchers can hold one PEG grant and multiple PEG COVID-19 grants simultaneously.
Researchers may only submit one application to either PEG or the PEG COVID-19 Special Initiative in the same competition (e.g., June 2020).
– Applicants must complete the PEG application form, and follow the accompanying instructions, as outlined in the PEG funding opportunity description.
– Only one organization may be involved as a partner organization.
– Individuals may apply for only one Partnership Engage Grant per calendar year.