The following procedures have been arranged in coordination with Research Finance to improve efficiencies.
- Applicable internal awards with end dates between March 1st and June 30th 2020 (with balances) will automatically be extended for up to 12 months. These awards include:
- Internal awards funded by the VPR. Most often these are identified as RW internal.
- GRF residual awards (funded from the NSERC and SSHRC GRF accounts)
- SSHRC SIG funded awards: SSHRC Explore or Exchange; Re-Application Assistance, etc.
2. Awards excluded from this provision:
- Internal awards funded by Departments or Faculties. Please follow the direction of those award notices.
- FRDF extensions must be approved by the respective Faculties, with approvals sent to Research Finance so they can update the system and make note in the files.
- WIF awards – use program specific requirements
- Donor-sponsored programs – use program specific requirements
- As with external awards, the PIs are responsible for ensuring any applicable certifications are kept up to date.
- Note that formal extension requests to Western Research Internal Grants are not required for awards that fall into these eligible categories (as noted above).
- Other specific inquiries should be directed Western Research internal grants firstname.lastname@example.org.