Are you looking for funding from sources other than traditional agencies such as SSHRC or the other Tri-Council Agencies (CIHR, NSERC)?
Please consider using Pivot. It’s free! (Paid for by Western Research).
What is Pivot?
Pivot is a comprehensive database of international grant funding opportunities available to all Western faculty, staff, and students. You can access Pivot from any computer on campus.
However, to use Pivot off campus, you must create a personal Pivot account.
- Go to: https://pivot.proquest.com/session/login
- Choose create an account. (The Affiliated Member Institution is University of Western Ontario but it does not appear in the drop-down institution box on the first page).
- Choose “Use Email Address/Create Password” Use your Western/uwo email address.
- Creating an account helps others (Research Officer) to easily share opportunities with you.
Why use Pivot?
- Pivot can assist you in finding funding opportunities – government, private, foundation, and international funding
- Once you do a search for funding (and save it) you can have Pivot send you weekly updates via email on potential funding sources with upcoming deadlines based on the search
- Once you find a funding source that might be of interest in the future, you can ‘track’ it and have alerts sent to your email so that you know of upcoming deadlines.
To learn more about how to use Pivot:
- Pivot Quick Start Guide 2019 (PDF)
- Pivot Start Guide (2 page PDF)
- Pivot Start Guide and Search Tips (25 pages PDF)
- Faculty of Social Science – Guide to using Pivot.
- Pivot’s You Tube channel has videos on how to create an account, set up alerts, and search for funding.
- Pivot Knowledge Center – information to help you get started with Pivot – creating accounts, searching, etc.
Researcher Profiles: Pivot provides information from publicly sourced sites, and Western does not review or manage researchers identified as Western faculty on the PIVOT profiles. We do suggest you Create or Update Your Profile on Pivot. Doing this will assist Pivot in providing you with a curated list of funding opportunities based on your departmental affiliation, research interests, publication and granting history.