Integrating EDI and Knowledge Translation into your CIHR Project Grant: Western Research is offering support for the integration of knowledge translation and EDI (equity, diversity and inclusion) ahead of the March 4 registration deadline up to the internal March 19 deadline—reach out to book your one-on-one consultation.
- Are you using an integrated knowledge translation approach?
- Do you have participation from a partner and/or knowledge user?
- Does your project involve Indigenous research?
- How can you integrate knowledge translation to increase the feasibility of your expected outcomes?
- How can you integrate principles of equity, diversity and inclusion throughout your project (research team, budget, HQP/trainees, methods and more)?
- What are some ways to think about the integration of sex and gender considerations throughout the project?
Mariam Hayward, Knowledge Exchange and Impact Manager: Mariam leads development and implementation of Western’s knowledge exchange strategy. Works with all faculties to conceptualize and develop knowledge exchange plans and impact descriptions that enrich grant applications and enhance research. Mariam has expertise in writing high-quality research applications and embedding knowledge exchange, impact and program evaluation, and provides a link with Western’s research community to identify and develop partnerships.
Nicole Kaniki, Research Development Officer Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI): Provides consultation and development of research programs, projects and proposals that embed principles and best practices of EDI. Nicole also supports the implementation of EDI strategies and initiatives in the research environment that contribute to institutional support of EDI.