These grants offer critical, one-time funding to support an individual investigator’s research activities for the subsequent development of strong, competitive submissions to external, peer-reviewed research sponsors.
Amount: Up to 25,000 (over 1 year)
Faculty Research Office & ROLA: November 8, 2022 – if you wish to have feedback on your application please send to Karen Kueneman (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2-3 weeks prior to the deadline
Research Development: 3:00 pm, November 15, 2022 (decision by December)
- Early Career Researchers, who have completed their highest degree no more than six years before the competition deadline OR have held a tenured or tenure-track post-secondary appointment for less than six years,
- Mid- or Senior Career Researchers who wish to propose a new project or program/area of research.
Open Competition: Established Researchers at Western.
SSHRC’s Subject Matter Eligibility guidelines apply to this funding opportunity. The applicant must be eligible to hold a research grant at Western.
- Successful applicants must submit an external SSHRC grant application within two years of the start of the initial award and are encouraged to also apply for other external support.
- Applications must be submitted via Microsoft Forms
- Similar Programs are available for NSERC and CIHR research. Please contact Karen Kueneman for assistance and faculty deadlines.
More information on this program, including application form and guidelines
Please contact Karen Kueneman, email@example.com, if you plan to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by a ROLA.