These grants offer critical, one-time funding to support an individual investigator’s research activities for the subsequent development of strong, competitive submissions to external, peer-reviewed research sponsors.
Amount: Up to 25,000 (over 1 year)
Faculty Research Office & ROLA: November 8, 2022 – if you wish to have feedback on your application please send to Karen Kueneman (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2-3 weeks prior to the deadline
Research Development: 3:00 pm, November 15, 2022 (decision by December)
- Early Career Researchers, who have completed their highest degree no more than six years before the competition deadline OR have held a tenured or tenure-track post-secondary appointment for less than six years,
- Mid- or Senior Career Researchers who wish to propose a new project or program/area of research.
Open Competition: Established Researchers at Western.
- Successful applicants must submit an external SSHRC grant application within two years of the start of the initial award and are encouraged to also apply for other external support.
- Applications must be submitted via Microsoft Forms
- Similar Programs are available for NSERC and CIHR research. Please contact Karen Kueneman for assistance and faculty deadlines.
Please contact Karen Kueneman, email@example.com, if you plan to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by a ROLA.