The Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO) released a request for proposals (read the RFP here) to establish a research consortium focused on providing evidence-based research to inform policies and practices around international postsecondary education (PSE) in Ontario.
Faculty Research Office: 1 week prior to agency deadline. (If you wish to have feedback on your application allow at least two weeks – contact Karen Kueneman)
Western Research: 1 week prior to agency deadline
Deadline for Questions or Clarifications to RFP: December 14, 2022, 5:00 PM EST
HEQCO: January 10, 2023, 5:00 PM EST
Amount: HEQCO will cover research and evaluation costs up to a maximum of $80,000 per project, per year (up to 2 years).
Description: The consortium will address the following questions:
- How can institutions, communities and government support quality, accountability and sustainability of international postsecondary education in Ontario?
- How can government and institutions support the transition of international students to successful labour market and immigration outcomes?
HEQCO is interested in supporting projects across a number of topics outlined below. Proposals will be evaluated in groups organized by topic to ensure the consortium has adequate breadth and will address as many topics as possible. Proposals should focus on one or more of these issues:
- system sustainability
- accountability of international student recruitment and admissions processes
- program quality assurance and oversight
- quality assurance and program delivery in PC-PCC partnership programs
- relationships between credential and labour market outcomes
- relationship between credential and immigration pathway/status during and after PSE
- community partnerships that support international student success
- other policy issues related to international students
Applications are to be processed through Western Research and are to be accompanied by a completed ROLA.
Note: Projects should commence no later than April 1, 2023.