Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Impact Awards are designed to build on and sustain Canada’s research-based knowledge culture in the social sciences and humanities. They recognize outstanding scholars and celebrate their achievements in research, research training, knowledge mobilization and outreach activities funded partially or completely by SSHRC.
SSHRC Impact Awards:
- Gold Medal ($100,000): recipients’ achievements in research will have significantly advanced understanding in their research fields in the social sciences and humanities.
- Insight Award ($50,000): given to an individual or team whose project has resulted in significant contribution to knowledge and understanding about people, societies and the world.
- Connection Award ($50,000): recognizes an outstanding SSHRC-funded initiative to facilitate the flow and exchange of research knowledge.
- Partnership Award ($50,000): celebrates a SSHRC-funded formal partnership for its outstanding achievement in advancing research, research training or knowledge mobilization, or developing a new partnership approach.
- Talent Award ($50,000): Recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual who, on April 1, 2023, holds a SSHRC doctoral scholarship or fellowship or postdoctoral fellowship. This includes, but is not limited to, a Canada Graduate Scholarship, Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship or Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- active social sciences and humanities researchers;
- hold or have held SSHRC funding pertinent to the award; and
- affiliated with an eligible institution.
Nomination: Western may submit only one nomination for each award category
|Internal: Thursday, January 12, by/before 4 p.m.||Expression of Interest deadline|
anyone wishing to nominate a colleague or be considered for nomination must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Internal: Thursday, February 2, by/before 4 p.m.||Adjudication submission deadline|
*required if there is more than one eligible candidate in any given category A draft letter (two-three pages) that outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the SSHRC Impact Award website; and The nominee’s SSHRC CV.
|External: April 1, 2023||Final Submission to SSHRC|
Contact: Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall, Research Development Officer (Awards & Distinctions), regarding this award and the nomination processes.