These grants offer critical, one-time funding to support an individual investigator’s research activities for the subsequent development of strong, competitive submissions to external, peer-reviewed research sponsors.
Amount: Up to 25,000 (over 1 year)
Faculty Research Office : November 8, 2023 – if you wish to have feedback on your application please send to Karen Kueneman (email@example.com) at least 2-3 weeks prior to the deadline
Western Research & ROLA: 3:00 pm, November 15, 2023
- Early Career Researchers who have completed their highest degree no more than six years before the competition deadline OR have held a tenured or tenure-track postsecondary appointment for less than six years OR have held a postsecondary appointment with research workload for less than 6 years
- Mid- or Senior Career Researchers who wish to propose a new project or program/area of research.
Open Competition: Established Researchers at Western.
- Successful applicants must submit an external SSHRC grant application within two years of the start of the initial award and are encouraged to also apply for other external support.
- Applications must be submitted via the online submission portal
- Similar Programs are available for NSERC (deadline Nov 22,2023) and CIHR (deadline Nov 29, 2023) research. Please contact Karen Kueneman for assistance and faculty deadlines.
Please contact Karen Kueneman, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you plan to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by a ROLA.